16 3rd Ave E- STE 4
PO Box 146
Ada, MN 56510
Office Hours: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Closed on Observed Holidays
Motor Vehicle Division
* Vehicle Renewal Registrations & Transfers
* Effective January 1st, 2016, your insurance name, policy number and current expiration date is required on all renewals and transfers with the exception of trailers
Driver's License Division
Renewal Times: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm (Monday-Friday)
*CDL Required Renewal Information:
- Proof of Citizenship (a certified birth certificate or a current passport card or book)
- A current medical examiner's certificate
Driver's License Testing
- Driver's License manuals can be found on the Driver & Vehicle Services webpage
- Driver's License testing is conducted on the 1st Friday of each month.
- Written exams are held between 10:00 am- 11:15 am on the 1st Friday of each month.
- To make an appointment for a road test, please contact the Detroit Lakes Motor Vehicle Division at 218-846-8270.
Department of Natural Resources
- Boat Registration
- Snowmobile Registration
- ATV Registration