Sonja Meline, Crime Victim Advocate
The Victim Assistance Program is funded via VOCA and State Grants.
Services provided are:
- Provide crisis counseling for victims and their families
- Accompanies and supports victims through the criminal justice process, e.g. testimonies, depositions, hearings, trials, sentencing, etc...
- Provide transportation for victims to attend court appearances and other appointments related to the victimization.
- Provide information on resources and services available to victims of crime, including, information on crime prevention and facilitate referrals as needed to appropriate agencies for counseling, social services assistance, etc.
- Provide information on law enforcement investigative procedures and prosecution procedures and provide victims with information on their case status.
- Assist victim in understanding and completing Crime Victim Reparations Claims forms, requests for restitution and other forms which may be required of crime victims. Assist in the return of property to crime victims.
- Promote community awareness of the Victim Assistance Program and the impact of crime on victims by public service announcements and news releases to the media and by presentations to local community and civic groups
- Provide community education, training, and consultation.
Sonja can be contacted at 218-784-3312 or toll free
After Hours Cell - 1-800-510-9967
Our office is located in the
Valley Square Building
402 E 3rd St, Suite 9
Ada, MN 56510
* * * *
The Minnesota State Victim Notification Service (VINE) is a service through which victims of crime can use the telephone or Internet to search for information regarding their offender’s custody status and register to receive telephone and e-mail notification when the offender’s custody status changes. This service is brought to you by Norman County Sheriff’s Office. The VINE toll-free number for Minnesota VINE is 1-877-664-8463.