The Follow Along Program is a state-wide activity assessment for children age 0-3.
Babies and young children grow at their own rate; but, some children can use a little extra help to grow.
Parents who complete the free Follow Along questionnaires benefit by:
- Seeing if their child is playing, talking, growing, moving and acting like other children the same age.
- Understanding how their child is learning.
- Learning "what to teach" and "what ages to teach it"
How does the Follow Along Program Work?
- Complete the Follow Along program enrollment form and return it to: Norman-Mahnomen Public Health, P.O. Box 226, Mahnomen MN 56557
- Questionnaires are sent to you to complete when your child reaches different ages such as 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 30, and 36 months old. Each questionnaire asks how your child is growing, playing, talking, moving, and acting.
- Complete the Follow Along questions and send them back to Norman-Mahnomen Public Health, P.O. Box 226, Mahnomen MN 56557
- Results from the Follow Along questions, as well as fun activity ideas and promotional items will be made available to you.
- If information gathered from the questionnaire raises concerns, a Public Health Nurse will get in touch with you. The Nurse will work with you to answer questions and talk about options for early help services.
- When you child is 36 months, we will send you information about Early Childhood Screening.
Click here for more information regarding the Follow Along Program!