Child Care Assistance Program
The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) can help families pay child care costs for children through age 12 and children with special needs through age 14. Child care costs may be paid for income eligible families while they go to work, look for work, or attend school. All families will have a co-payment based on their gross income and family size.
To apply for the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), complete the forms in the section below and sign the application. All requested verifications must accompany your application.
Return your completed application to Norman County Social Services, 15 2nd Avenue East, Ada, MN 56510
Norman County Social Services may require up to 30 days to process your application. The results of your application will be mailed to you.
For more information or if you have any questions or comments, please contact 218-784-5400.
- MN Child Care Resource and Referral
- 2014-2015 Norman County and Tribal Child Care Plan
- 2016-2017 Norman County and Tribal Child Care Plan
- 2018-2019 Norman County and Tribal Child Care Plan
- 2018-2019 County and Tribal Child Care Fund Plan Amendment
- 2020-2021 County and Tribal Child Care Fund Plan
- 2022-2023 County and Tribal Child Care Fund Plan
Child Care Assistance Forms
Legal Unlicensed Child Care Provider Information
MN State law states that each Day Care Provider must either be licensed or "registered" with the County Social Service Agency before providing Day Care Assistance to a Family. For the complete "Registration to be a Legal Unlicensed Day Care Provider" packet, please contact our office at 218-784-5400.
- Legal Non-licensed Provider Registration and Acknowledgement
- Parent Acknowledgement When Choosing a Legal Non-licensed Provider
- Legal Non-licensed Acknowledgement Statement
- Notice of Privacy Practices for Child Care Providers
- Child Care Provider Responsibilities and Rights
- Training Requirements for Legal Non-licensed Family Providers
- Authorization for Release of Background Study
- Direct Deposit for the MN Child Care Assistance Program
- Health and Safety Resource List
- Home Safety Checklist